Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday's Writing: New, New, New . . . Year, Goals, You, and Me!


With the new year comes an exciting time to start fresh, make new goals, and enjoy the view of a bright new world. I am so excited about the changes I've committed to make in the year 2015 and I'd like to share them with you. 

My followers may have noticed a certain 'absence' from my online social feeds. This is part of my new, improved approach to writing. I've spent the last few weeks de-cluttering, re-arranging, and designing my new office space. It's located in the back of the house, away from distractions, to give me a sanctuary for writing. I'm so excited to say my new office is almost complete and I LOVE IT!! 




It looks cluttered, but those are my writing notes. Once the walls are adorned with some of my favorite pictures and sayings, I will share the finished product. But for now, this is my 'writing cave' and I'm excited to lock myself inside and get writing. 

Now that I've shared my new office, let me share some of my goals this year. 

Personal: 
1- I want to be closer to my Heavenly Father. That is a personal goal I am striving for each day.

2-I want to really dive into my family history. It is something that has been nagging me for a while and what better place to start that at the beginning of a new year?!

3-I want to become a new, healthier me. With my new PiYo workouts and my sons goal of more home cooked meals. I've set myself up for a healthier new me. 


Family:
1- We've vowed to do more family outings this year than we did last year. Hiking, bike riding, exploring the city and mountains. 

2- My son loves a home-cooked meal and our resolution this year is to eat at home more often. He'd rather eat at home all the time, but going out is nice once in a while. With my new resolution, I'll be trying new recipes too. Yum!

Writing:
1- My goal is to set a regular time and daily word count goal to help keep me on track. In the past I've set word count goals, but with my new space I'm excited to dedicate time every day to accomplishing this. No TV in the background, no FB distractions. All writing!

2- I vow to cut back on my social media so I can focus on what matters most; my family, my fans, my life.

3- I am working on getting my next two books, Autumn and Skye, out this year. Many have asked when my next book will come out. I promise to work my butt off to make it happen. 

May your 2015 year be bright, full of peace, love, and joy, and may you fulfill all your goals for a bright future!

All my love, 
M.M. Roethig

No comments:

Post a Comment